ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
AAA+ (ATPases Associated with diverse Activities) proteins share a common catalytic ATPase domain, but are otherwise involved in a large variety of fundamental cellular pathways that govern protein homeostasis, genome stability, cell proliferation and pathogen infection. This meeting gathers scientists from different research areas and disciplines to establish unifying mechanisms, help understand the basis of AAA+-associated diseases, and explore emerging possibilities to target AAA+ proteins for therapeutic treatments.
We encourage young scientist to contribute posters and discuss their work. Selected abstracts will be chosen for oral presentations and poster prizes will be awarded. The meeting will cover topics such as:
- structure-function relationships and mechanisms of AAA+ proteins
- bacterial and eukaryotic proteasomes
- chromatin-associated functions such as replication and transcription
- cell cycle regulation
- cytoskeleton dynamics and membrane traffic
- AAA+ - associated degenerative and infectious diseases
- pharmacological approaches to modulate AAA+ protein function.
Commundo Hotel Neuss
We look forward to welcoming you