Since its inception by Pierre Chambon, the IGBMC is a major European research institute in biomedical research. The modern institute building with a distinctive architecture is located at the outskirt of Stasbourg in green surroundings. The campus also hosts important facilities for transgenic mice production, biotechnology companies and university buildings. The conference will be held in the institute lecture hall, and meals will be provided at the conference site. Shuttle buses and public transport will bring attendees to the hotels in the center of Strasbourg, renowned for its old buildings, churches and historic atmosphere.
- Strasbourg-Entzheim international airport - train shuttle for Strasbourg every 15 minutes (travel time: 10 min).
- Baden AirPark®, Karlsruhe - Baden-Baden airport (50 min from Strasbourg).
- Basel-Mulhouse Euroairport, then train or bus from Basel to Strasbourg.
Shuttle buses run between Baden or Basel airports and Strasbourg every 2 or 4 hours (alsace-navette.com).
- Frankfurt international airport - there is a bus shuttle from this airport to Strasbourg (travel time: 3 hours).
Check SNCF website
2h20 from Paris to Strasbourg with the TGV
From the Strasbourg railway station, take the tramway line A in the direction "Illkirch-Lixenbuhl", exit at "Campus d'Illkirch".
- A35 motorway, exit number 5 "Baggersee-Illkirch Nord"
- At the first traffic lights («Baggersee"), take the direction "Parc d'Innovation" (straight)
- At the first roundabout, take "Parc d'Innovation" (4th exit)
- At the second roundabout, the 2nd exit leads to IGBMC
See the CTS website
By bus, from the center of Strasbourg, you can take the bus line 2 in direction "Campus d'Illkirch" until terminus
By the tramway, take Line A, direction "Illkirch-Lixenbuhl", "Campus d'Illkirch" exit.
By foot from the "Campus d'Ilkirch" tram/bus station:
Walk towards "Parc d'Innovation" indicated on the street panels.
At the second roundabout, the second exit leads to IGBMC (7 min).