Registration and Abstract Submission
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 3 December 2014
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS TO PARTICIPATE: 3 February 2015
Target Conferences is the workshop secretariat, and is offering special package rates for registration, accommodation and workshop events, as well as optional pre and post tours.
FELLOWSHIPS AND AWARDS
A number of Fellowships are available for students, post docs and junior PIs whose abstracts are accepted for short talks. Those whose talks are selected will receive a 50% discount on the registration fee.
Awards will also be given for best posters
- 1st - US$ 750
- 2nd - US$ 500
- 3rd - US$ 350
WORKSHOP REGISTRATION AND ACCOMMODATION PACKAGE
February 15-20, 2015:
Rooms at the Orchid Jerusalem view Hotel are at a premium, therefore please book as soon as possible.
|Payment received||Prior to 22 Dec||From 23 Dec|
Supplement for Single Occupancy
Registration fee covers:
- Coffee Breaks and Meals
- Social Events (Get-Together Reception, Half day Tours to Jerusalem and Abu Ghosh Monastery plus a Farewell Party)
- An accompanying person in room sharing with a paying participant will be entitled to all meals and participation in social events as per registered participant.
- Workshop Program Booklet
This workshop will be limited to 125 participants
*Proof of student status is required at the time of registration
** Sharing a room with a participant
As this is a package, kindly note there are no refunds for portions not taken.
Shared accommodation (if requested) will be arranged subject to availability during the Workshop, but not on the optional tours.
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to participate in the Workshop, please complete the apply "Apply on-line" form
Once you have applied to participate, you will receive a log-in and password at the email address provided on the form (this is to be used should you need to make any changes to your personal data/abstract submission).
NB: Your application will be reviewed by the Workshop Organizers. If accepted you will receive a special link which will enable you to register for the Workshop through the on-line registration system.
Step Two (after acceptance letter)
Registration is possible once your application to participate has been approved by the Workshop Organizers and you have received a special registration link from the Workshop Secretariat.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION AND EDITING PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED ABSTRACTS
The organizers welcome abstract submissions for poster presentation on topics that are relevant to the theme of the workshop. Abstracts should be written according to the instructions below and will be reviewed for acceptance based upon scientific merit.
If slots become available, some poster submissions will be selected for short talks.
If you submitted an abstract prior to the previous deadline you may log in again using your EMBO user name and password to edit and update your submission
Authors will be informed in due course whether their abstract/s have been accepted for inclusion in the scientific programme.
Please note that the scheduling of abstracts in the programme is dependent upon the payment of registration fees by the presenting author.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
- Abstracts must be submitted using the on-line submission link. Do not mail or email your abstracts as they will not be considered.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- The names and affiliations of ALL authors should be included in the abstract i.e. department, institution, city, country.
- Abstracts should be no longer than one A4 size page (350 words).
- References may be inserted within the space allocated for the abstract but no figures, diagrams or frames are acceptable.
BIOCHEMICAL JOURNAL AWARD
The organizers are pleased to announce that a Biochemical Journal Award will be presented at the workshop for the best abstract submitted. The award will be open to all graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. The winner, determined by the members of the Organizing Committee, will be invited to give a short talk at the meeting and will receive a £250.00 honorarium. The prize, generously sponsored by the Biochemical Journal, will be presented within the framework of the Workshop at Maale Hahamisha.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION
- Abstracts should be submitted by way of the online submission form
- The award is open to all graduate students and postdoctoral fellows
Online payment can be made with all major credit cards, by bank transfer* or by invoice to your institution**.
Bank Transfers should be made to the following account:
Account name: EMBO
Gordon Branch (Branch Number 804)
87 Ben Yehuda Street, Tel Aviv, Israel
Account number: 335400/98
Swift Code: LUMIILIT
*Please ensure that the name/s of the participants and meeting name (Aging) are clearly stated on the bank transfer. Bank transfer charges are the responsibility of the payer and should be paid at source in addition to the registration fees.
**Please note that if you select "payment by Institution" you must give full details on the registration form concerning where to send the invoice for payment i.e. full name of accounts contact person, full mailing address and if applicable a grant or account number.
Our refund policy for cancellation of the registration and accommodation package is based upon receiving written notification as follows:
- Received until December 22, 2014- full refund less US$ 100 handling fee
- Received from December 23, 2014 and until January 29, 2015– 50 % refund
- Received from January 30, 2015 - no refund
Our refund policy for cancellation of tours is based upon receiving written notification as follows:
- Up to 15 days prior to arrival – full refund
- Less than 15 days prior to arrival – no refund
- Personal travel, luggage and health insurance are recommended.
- Please note that the organizers cannot be responsible for participants lacking appropriate insurance coverage in case of need.
- All services are booked on the express condition that Target Conferences shall not be responsible for, and shall be exempt from, any and all liability in respect of any damage injury or accident, or any person or for loss of or damage to his or her luggage or any other.