ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
Following the success of the last meeting in Oxford in 2012, we are pleased to announce the 5th EMBO Conference on "The Molecular and cellular basis of regeneration and tissue repair" that will be held in Sant Feliu de Guixols in September 2014.
This EMBO Conference has become the key international meeting for scientists investigating basic biological questions in the fields of regeneration and repair using a whole-animal ‘systems’ approach. The conference aims to bring together leading scientists who use different model organisms and will focus on different aspects of the underlying mechanisms that control the regenerative response, ultimately addressing the question of how many species can regenerate while others cannot.
- The molecular and genetic analysis of regeneration and tissue repair with special emphasis on the molecular mechanisms related to the regeneration triggering and the epigenetic control of regeneration;
- Cell biology, morphogenesis and patterning during repair and regeneration with special emphasis on stem cells regulation and lineage and the complex processes of signalling;
- Immunity, inflammation, wound healing and regeneration;
- Neural and different organ regeneration;
- Comparative analysis of regeneration.
The objective for each session is to encourage researchers working on similar questions in different systems to exchange knowledge and ideas. The overall goal of this conference is to significantly advance our understanding of how regeneration is triggered, coordinated in a whole-animal system so that those who work in systems that do not regenerate may develop more effective therapeutic approaches to convert healing into regeneration.
Hotel Eden Roc, in Sant Feliu de Guixols.
We look forward to welcoming you