ABOUT THE PRACTICAL COURSE
The main objective of this EMBO Practical Course is to present state-of-the-art methodology for the analysis of ubiquitination and the regulation of proteins by the reversible attachment of ubiquitin-related modifiers (UBLs). The course will be targeted at young scientists who are unfamiliar with this field. It will involve practical experiments demonstrating the use of conjugating and deconjugating enzymes and UBL receptors in vitro, and the identification and analysis of in vivo targets in yeast and mammalian cells. Also included will be a section on the bioinformatical analysis and prediction of UBL modification and recognition sites and other aspects of the ubiquitin system.
Besides the practical teaching sessions, the course will include lectures by invited speakers and daily "meet the teacher at the beach" discussion sessions. A poster session and short presentation of student projects will additionally stimulate the scientific exchange between students and faculty.
Topics presented at this course will include:
- Ubiquitin signaling in endocytosis
- Ubiquitin ligases and their regulation
- Mechanism and Function of deubiquitinating enzymes
- Recognition of ubiquitin-like modifiers by protein domains and motifs
- Regulatory roles of protein Neddylation
- Mechanism and Function of protein SUMOylation
Porto Conte Ricerche Srl
07041 Alghero (SS)
We look forward to welcoming you