About the workshop
This EMBO Workshop aims to revisit the structural and functional organization of eukaryotic cells taking into account new emerging concepts, e.g. inter-organelle communication and new approaches, e.g. new analytical methods based on mathematics and physics. It focuses on:
- The regulation of classical and unconventional biosynthetic and endocytic trafficking
- The inter-organelle communication at membrane contact sites, their role in lipid transfer and autophagy.
- The link between membrane traffic, signaling and metabolism
- The link between membrane traffic and diseases
- The physics of membrane and non-membrane compartment dynamics.
The venue is ideal for fostering discussions and exchanges of ideas. The EMBO Workshop has an established track-record for ensuring that the young European participants are exposed to inter-disciplinary research at the forefront of their field.